[Wiltshire] Laptop repairs

John Carlyle-Clarke john at wormdrive.net
Fri Nov 2 21:44:20 UTC 2012

On 02/11/12 12:25, David Fletcher wrote:

> I've got a rather old but otherwise perfectly serviceable laptop on
> which the friction thingies on the hinge have broken, plus it could do
> with a new fan.
>
> Tried sending email to Valutech to ask about it several days ago but got
> no reply.
>
> Anybody know how to/who can fix it, and how much it might cost please?
> Obviously I don't want to go spending a fortune on an old computer but
> also don't like chucking out stuff that can be fixed.

I've always had good results with Rapid PCs [1] in Christchurch, who
were recommended by Dorset LUG people. Because I'm near Salisbury that
is quite a distance for me, but I posted a laptop that needed a new
screen and they fixed it and returned it.

I hope you can find someone closer via this list, but just in case, that
could be an option.

[1] http://www.rapidpcs.co.uk/p/servicing-repairs/