[Wiltshire] WiFi cards again!

Simon Iremonger (wiltslug) wiltslug at iremonger.me.uk
Sun Apr 28 16:13:37 UTC 2013

> I'm trying it out with a Card Bus type WiFi adaptor with which works
> fine but of course it's better to have an internal WiFi card. There's a
> socket that looks like it's meant to accept a WiFi card under one of the
> covers but, unlike the old Toshiba laptop I acquired some years ago,
> there's no sign that I can see of any WiFi antenna plugs.
> Stupid question probably, but, are there any internal cards with built
> in antennas or do I have to take out all the screws and try to open up
> the case to install the antennas myself?

I suspect they may well be there but hidden away =(.

I don't think you will do well with antennae stuck by the card socket
  underneath anyway... There is a good reason they get routed up
  into corners of the screen =).

I (may) have some antennae taken out of dead laptop screens
  somewhere but be sorting those out until late June etc...

> Dave
--Simon