[Wiltshire] Linux laser printers?

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Thu Jan 3 00:16:11 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-02 at 22:26 +0000, Kevin Milburn wrote:
> I currently have an Officejet 4500 and a Laserjet P1102 working fine in OpenSUSE
> 12.2.
>
> The only 'gotcha' to watch out for in case HP are still misbehaving,  when the
> P1102 is connected to windows,  it turns itself into a removable drive (which
> prevents printing) until the drivers are installed .

This is crazy! I'm using Printerland as a reference of current,
available products and can't find any colour laser from HP, Brother,
Samsung or Epson that's listed by CUPS. I've just been playing around
with the CUPS web interface on the server. Also been on the avasys site
looking for Epson ppd files and they all miss the part numbers I can
buy.

Your P1102 is there but it's a mono.

Is there no simple way to use a current model printer with Linux?

DF