[Wiltshire] Request for help - Ubuntu 14.04

Greg Browne greg.browne at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 16:50:38 UTC 2014

I've had trouble with a MBoard using a VIA S3 chip. I tried a few different
live CDs until I got one that worked - sorry cannot remember now which one,
as the MBoard is not readily available, but I recommend two things.

1. Go into synaptic, look for VIA Drivers and remove them then restart.
2. Try a 32 bit distro.

You might also find that a 12.04 LTS distro will work better with the S3 as
recommended in some groups. I did get it working very well so I recommend
persevering. Also Puppy Linux is good with troublesome setups.

Greg