[Wolves] women in linux

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 4 00:20:00 2002

--- Jayne Heger <jayne@sphynx.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> > Wow you can now take on the role of the Wolves LUG
> > Linux girl. Unfortunatly the last one left for
> Uni.
>
> hmmm... I'm here as well! ;) and I am a girl I
> promise.

Ahhh don't worry Jayne, I did'nt forget you...you just
need to come to a meeting. :)

What would be mad is if all three of the 'lug ladies'
were to come along to the LUG at the same time - it
would be a good example for a generally male dominated
event.

I think the whole aspect of helping women to get more
involved with Linux is a good thing. There is a bit of
stigma with computers that they asre a 'boys toys'
kind of thing, which they obviously are not. Maybe we
could do some kind of feature on the Wolves LUG site
about this.

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/