[Wolves] viewing ram movies in debian

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 11 17:42:01 2002

--- Aquarius <aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org> wrote:
> Well, there's, er, RealPLayer, which is what#'s
> supposed to  lpay  them;
> although commercial software, I believe that there's
> a Debian  installer
> package for it. I believe that mplayer also plays
> RealVideo  files,  and
> that's Free, so try that first. :)

Hmmm it appears mplayer is not packaged for debian,
and maybe not packaged for a while due to some bits of
non-GPL code in there.

There also seems to be no deb's on the mplayer site.
:(

IT looks pretty impressive though and does play all
RealPlayer formats as well as Windows Media Player and
others.

Does anyone know if there is a Mozilla plugin for
mplayer?

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/