[Wolves] viewing ram movies in debian

leo sandhu wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 18 03:50:01 2002

CRIKEY..... WHAT DID I START.......

I've just found the time to get a good read of the list.   Thanks for the
info, i did try apt mplayer, but it didnt show for me either and Im running
Sarge.

Did I read correctly when Peter said mplayer doesnt directly support
realplayer anyway?  If so, will try installing commercial real player
sometime soon but have had fingers burnt by "free trials" before now - oh
well.

For what its worth, Mozilla plugins would be nice, things like streaming
audio/video have this nasty habit of not being save-able to hard disks. the
quicker they play, all the better in my book.

That reminds me, I don't suppose there is anyway for me to record a
streaming movie for future viewing is there?  the Real site doesnt suggest
this is possible.

LEO.