[linux] [Wolves] X over ssh

Wayne Morris wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Dec 18 16:55:01 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 16:39, Aquarius wrote:

> > I thought I'd try to be clever and do Start X and got
> >
> > Fatal Error -Server already active for display 0
> >
> > So how do I actually see it (remote box desktop) on my box please?
>
> It doesn't just forward your remote X display. What it does is allow you to
> run X applications (clients) on the remote machnie and have them display on
> your local X display (the server).

Wow, that was cool, just ran mozilla off my webserver (one of the only
apps on there).

But of course I needed to ./mozilla in /usr/bin/

So is there a way of actually running the desktop, so you can click on
icons etc instead of running them thru the terminal window (whoops
nearly said 'at the dos prompt then!)

Wayne