[Wolves] laptop screen bugger

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Dec 22 17:04:00 2002

A2RT spoo'd forth:
> I've read about how the wrong sync settings can do this...i remember having
> to choose several different settings to get the display working, and ended up

CRTs can't be destroyed with duff settings these days; you used to be able
to trash a multisync monitor by overdriving it with the wrong frequencies,
but that was a long time ago. That said, I don't know if that applies to TFT
screens like those in laptops. I doubt it, mind; it sounds like a hardware
fault to me. What did the blokes who fixed it say they did?

Aq.

--
"We saved the world, and now there's no place in it for us."