[Wolves] broadband

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Nov 7 17:41:01 2002

> > i am using RH 7 kernel 2.2.16-22. but i was gonna
> buy an old 486 n put
> > smoothwall on n do ip masq so me n my dad can go
> on when ever.
>
> Smoothwall has in-built support for the Speedtouch.
> You're in luck.  :)
>
> OTOH, I'm not sure how many 486 mainboards there'll
> be with USB on
> them... you could get a USB PCI card I s'pose...

I *am* Mr Alcatel USB ADSL on Smoothwall (not really,
but I would like to think I am) :) This is very easy.
I can give you a good link, as I keep giving to
everyone:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/road/xpm78/duncan/smoothwall.html

on how to do it. The only difference for you (I think)
is that your DNS servers will be different. Just ask
on the Freeserve newsgroups for these, someone will
know.

I also used a USB card, so this is do-able too :) I
use Smoothwall for pretty much what you want to do. It
is fairly point and click.
Good luck :)
Adam

=====