[Wolves] People to update the web site

steve parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Nov 13 12:42:02 2002

>From: Aquarius <aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org>
>To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
>Subject: Re: [Wolves] People to update the web site
>Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:17:22 +0000
>
> >> I can
> >> easiliy get an article like this /dotted, [H]ed,
> >> Ananded etc. with ease.>
> > That would be cool to put something like this on the
> > site. Could you send me the info, and I will add it.
>
>Be warned. If you make the site *too* popular then you will kill angel,
>the server that it's on. Getting it slashdotted is not all that good an
>idea, people. :)
/. only got the linuxuk site about 600 visitors in the first hour.  The
machine did not slow down or anything (I was telneted in at the time doing
some upgrades)

It's not that big a deal ;-) unless you have some real general news that
gets everybody interested.

>Besides, we don't want worldwide fame, at first, I don't think; what we
>want is to get lots of West Midlands people involved and then grow...
>
>Aq.
This is more to the point leave the general stuff to other sites let support
ourselves and future members.

sparkes