[Wolves] Zaurus and Linux setup

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Nov 13 19:23:01 2002

Hi folks,

I am having some trouble getting my Zaurus to connect
to the Internet via my Linux box. I wonder if one of
you lot can help. Here is the current state of play:

 - I have recompiled my kernel to add Masq, patched it
with usbdnet and set up /etc/network/interfaces so
usb0 has the following info:

iface usb0 inet static
      address 192.168.129.1  # usb0 IP address
      pointopoint 192.168.1.201  # zaurus IP address
      netmask 255.255.255.255

 - I reboot the machine and when I add the Zaurus to
the cradle or hit Sync it sticks some messages up and
registers the interface with 192.168.129.1 as the IP
address. If I ping that address I get packets, and if
I try to ftp in it comes up as the ftpd for the same
machine and not the zaurus.

The problem I am having is just getting the two to
talk...any hints?

  Jono

=====
Jono Bacon - http://jono.dyndns.org/