[Wolves] Re: wolves meeting

James Turner wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Nov 20 00:13:01 2002

On 2002.11.19 11:08 MarkEllse@btinternet.com wrote:

> [...]

     7. James

> > Late Go's:
> >
> > No Go's:
> >
> > 1. Adam - Will be up to my elbows in SQL and C++
> > assignments. Hopefully can make the following meeting.
> 2. Mark. Sorry chaps for my long non-appearance. Up to my neck in
> it, and one of our teachers runs a choir which she wants me to
> sing in for the next concert and the rehearsals are on Wednesdays.
> PS, isn't RedHat 8.0 good?

No doubt the above comment will have an inflamatory effect on
certain Debian enthusiasts on this list, mentioning no names :)

Personally, I quite like RH8 overall, though it hasn't been without
its fair share of controversy. There are quite a few improvements
compared to 7.3, particularly on the desktop, making the distro seem
more polished and reducing the learning curve for those not from a
previous Linux or UNIX background. However there's still quite a few
areas that could be better and features which are rather annoying.

To whom it may concern: See you tomorrow.

James