[Wolves] Mandrake wont save settings

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Nov 26 17:36:01 2002

Hi Simon,

This strikes me as a permissions issue. I don't know
for sure as I don't use Mandrake, but it seems as if
it is not writing it due to a permissions error. Maybe
do a grep in /etc to see if your password is being
saved to a file in there, and if so it may not be
getting read by the application.

Other than this, use the Mandrake forums to see if you
can find a solution.

  Jono

--- Simon Howes <howesey@blargoc.co.uk> wrote:
> Grr, Win2k has just gone belly up and i'm stuck with
> WinXP. Anyway...  For
> some reason Mandrake 9.0 wont save my address and
> password for my modem. I'm
> doing it the GUI way via the control center, will
> doing it manaually help?
> How do I do that and has anyone got any ideas to why
> it wont keep the
> settings? I can't even connect to the Internet.
>

> - Simon "howesey" Howes (PR Manager/Marketing
> Consultant)
> www.blargoc.co.uk
> +44 (0)1902 88 22 85
> +44 (0)7941 151 946