[Wolves] Domain registration and dynamic IPs vs hosting

Jon Farmer wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Oct 3 14:35:01 2002

> Oh, erm... sorry. ADSL, dynamic IP and my machines are
> all behind Smoothwall (for NAT etc.)
> Ad

Can Smoothwall do port forwarding? Does your ADSL provider allow all the
ports you need? ie port 25 for SMTP. If so then you can do it all on your
own box just update dyndns.org everytime you get a new IP. BTW many ISP's
say you are dynamically assigned IP's but in reality you get the same IP
everytime. A certain ISP I have a close connection to gives fixed IP,
although I didn't tell you that :)

Regs

Jon

--