[Wolves] request...

steve parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Oct 14 20:22:01 2002

>From: Adam Sweet <drinky76@yahoo.com>
>To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
>Subject: Re: [Wolves] request...
>Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:51:49 +0100 (BST)
>
> > So, would some kind person on this list be able to
> > burn me a copy of the latest mandrake iso (8.x?),
> > open
> > office, mozilla and partition magic?
>
>I can do Mandrake 9.0 or 8.x and Partition Magic
>(dubiously sourced and untested), but I actually
>tested Mandrake 9.0 against Red Hat 8.0 and much
>prefer Red Hat. It comes with Mozilla and Open Office
>along with the pretty Blue Curve UI. It's a lot more
>tidy than Mandrake and I would (against what I said
>the other week) recommend Red Hat 8.0.
>Let me know,
>Will do these for free in the name of a good cause :)
>Ad

Can you really recommend a red hat zero release to a newbie?  What sort of
introduction would that be if the previous quality control problems are
repeated.

The only zero release I could recommend would be debian and if you would
prefer Red Hat or Mandrake go for a tried and tested version.

just my 2p

sparkes

ps.  I can burn the open office and mozilla versions that are on the lastest
linux format dvd if that helps?