[Wolves] Blinken Lights UK

Wayne Morris wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 18 11:43:01 2002

On Friday 18 October 2002 8:01 am, you wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have been spending a lot of time thinking about this project of ours and
> yes it can be done!! the problems I have are:
>
> 1) mounding each lighting fixture in each window - blinken lights made a
> tripod for each bulb!!

Wouldn't it be easier and possibly cheaper to use a high power laser/search
light mounted OUTSIDE the building ie on another roof top coupled to some
very fast optics and paint the images much like the effect of a CRT (tv tube)?
Haven't seen lasers in nightclubs for years, but back then they were clever
enough to be able to write messages, pictures etc in laser light.

And when I say Laser, anyone driven through northern France somewhere , the
discos in one particular town all shine enormous green lasers into the sky,
presumably as a advertising gimmick - these can be seen for miles.

This would negate the need to enter the building (the biggest prob poss being
the security implications of letting someone into every room in a building),
and even could be a sort of 'Urban Graffiti' thing - target buildings
unannouced - do a show and disappear into night.

Wayne