[Wolves] Blinken Lights UK

steve parkes wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Oct 18 16:25:01 2002

>From: Wayne Morris <waynemorris@encloser.com>
>
>On Friday 18 October 2002 8:01 am, you wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have been spending a lot of time thinking about this project of ours
>and
> > yes it can be done!! the problems I have are:
> >
> > 1) mounding each lighting fixture in each window - blinken lights made a
> > tripod for each bulb!!
> >

>Wouldn't it be easier and possibly cheaper to use a high power laser/search
>light mounted OUTSIDE the building ie on another roof top coupled to some
>very fast optics and paint the images much like the effect of a CRT (tv
>tube)?
>Haven't seen lasers in nightclubs for years, but back then they were clever
>enough to be able to write messages, pictures etc in laser light.
<snip>
>Wayne

The best picture quality would come from a multimedia projector.  Imagine
the fun you could have with a guerrilla tux effort ;-)

It just so happens that I have a projector with a duff bulb (£200 plus) if
someone can get hold of a 10,000+ lumens bulb we could hack the two of them
together and produce a bastard offspring we could use ;-)

Just link it to a laptop and project the images of your choice where ever
and when ever you want.

ingredients list
1) laptop (of which we have s**tloads amoung the group)
2) broken projector (1 off) :-)
3) impressive bulb (1 off)
4) power for lamp and projector

Mix well and serve on a dark night to thousands of shoppers ;-)

Who fancies spreading the word?

sparkes