[Wolves] GPL Terms

Simon Gill wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Oct 23 19:09:01 2002

Aq, since you are our resident GPL guru, what do you think about adding
these exceptions to the GPL:

1) Unless you have made significant modifications to the software you
may not redistribute it.

2) All modifications must be submitted to us in some form.

I have just about got my boss interested in Python and the GPL, but he
needs some proof that people aren't going to rip off our code and spread
it about under their name. The idea is to make it possible for people to
keep their rights under the GPL and, ahem, _ask_ them to help other
people in the community without us haemorrhaging money.