[Wolves] virtual nic

fizzy wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Sep 12 17:14:00 2002

> Buy another NIC, you bleedin' cheapskate, they're
> only about a fiver ;)

PCMCIA NIC for £5? i wish mate!  I have 2 nics, but
the 2nd PCMCIA port on my libretto is dead, so i can
only use one nic.

It will give external machines access to my gateway
machine, if they 0wn my gateway machine, they will get
access to the whole network, that is the case whether
i have 1 virtual and 1 genuine nic or i have 2 nics.

I run my network under the principle that everyone has
access to all machines anyway, anyone depending on the
security of NAT etc is asking for it...

fizz