[Wolves] Linux in school

Tom Edwards wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Sep 13 18:29:01 2002

On Friday 13 September 2002 4:02 pm, Jon Farmer wrote:
> > Because I am on a so called Freetime Anytime connection which even th=
ough

> the
>
> > title saya Freetime Anytime, we should only be online 2hrs per day
> > because
>
> of
>
> > contention, as people like me who are on the package are obviously go=
ing

> > hammer it and stay online loads!
> > Not fair.... I really wanted ADSL and I could have had it, but my par=
ents
> > don't want the drive dug up. ;(
>
> Err well I am Freetime Anytime at home on Home Highway 64k and I am on =
> minimum of 6 hours a day.. and frequently 24 hours a day. Freeserve hav=
> never said anything to me about this in the 13 months I have been with
> them.
>
> Jon

According to silicon.com the advertising standards agency has recently to=
ld=20
Freeserve to stop claiming that anyone using their service can "go on the=
=20
internet any time of day and night for as long as [they] like". Users are=
=20
kicked off after 2 hours of 10mins of no activity. Freedom2surf here we c=
ome.

Tom