[Wolves] Wireless Networking

wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Sep 18 12:56:00 2002

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 12:47 pm, you wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Warwick, Matthew P. wrote:
> > Hiyas all
> >
> > Does anyone have any experience, or could you point me to somewhere that
> > has info about using Wireless peer-to-peer networks with Linux?

Talking of wireless networking, I've seen range of 100m quoted, is this
standard for all makes of equipment?
And is this a absolute maximum, or is in practice is the range much greater
and the 100m just a 'guaranteed' to cover themselves?
What about the building materials that the signal has to pass thru?

I'm getting 1Mb broadband in 10 days, and I have a friend who lives 120m from
me who I could sell bandwidth to - but I don't want to buy the hardware if it
is unlikely to work that far.

Cheers

Wayne