[Wolves] RE: Wolves digest, Vol 1 #34 - 1 msg

wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 30 12:08:00 2002

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 02:02:54 -0700
> From: "Rich M" <rmeeking@microsuxx.com>
> To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
> Subject: RE: Re: [Wolves] Beginners distro...
>
> > Aquarius <aquarius-lists@kryogenix.org> Re: [Wolves] Beginners distro...
> wolves@mailman.lug.org.ukReply-To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
> >Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:54:45 +0100
> >
> >fizzy spoo'd forth:
> >> My girlfriend has decided to show an interest in linux
> >> (the first i knew about it was when she bought a copy
> >> of 'linux for dummies' :) ) and it has fallen to me to
> >> select a distro.
> >>
> >> What does everyone recon? I am thinking either
> >> mandrake, which lots of people start on i believe, or
> >> throwing her in at the deep end with debian - but that
> >> could well scare her off!

	I've tried Red Hat, Mandrake and now SUSE and I can only suggest as
I find.  SUSE does offer plenty of apps and the install is OK but it's now
well over a month and I still haven't got my grahics card regognised by SUSE
yet.  Don't be fooled by any of the 'nn days free support' offered by the
distros as they are next to useless.  I am still awainting replies from SUSE
from calls I made over a week and a half ago.  Mandrake were worse.  The
best place for help is here with the lugs, they have resolved a few of my
problems first go.  I know people who say they would have given up on linux
ages again with all the config problems, but to be it's a challenge!

	Paul