[Wolves] help... my desktop has left me......

James Turner wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Apr 3 22:32:00 2003

On Thursday 03 Apr 2003 5:55 am, leo sandhu wrote:
> UUUUrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Now I know what that bleedin HP Colorado was supposed to do.......|-(
>
>  > As it looks like something (or one) has caused ~/.gnome-desktop to wipe,
>
> how
>
>  > could I reinstate it and maybe prevent re-occurances?
>
> Ready for this?
>
> Restore from a backup.
>
> :-)

Failing that, you could try deleting some or all of the following files and
directories (having first made a copy, so that you can restore settings at a
later time):

.gnome
.gnome2
.gnome2_private
.gnome-desktop
.gnome_private
.nautilus
.nautilus-metafile.xml

They should be recreated at the next login, reverting to default settings.