[Wolves] help for CD-RW

rs wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 9 12:06:01 2003

Hello,
I am running Mandrake 9.0 on a P3 933 with 40Gb HD and I have 1 CD
reader and also a LITEON 24x10x40 CD-RW which I cannot persuade to work.
I have been using XCDRoast both the bundled and a downloaded version.
The CD-RW works using NERO under Win98 using dual boot.  Could you offer
some guideance?
Would the quickest solution be Mandrake 9.1?
I want to use the CD-RW for file copies offline and backup rather than
audio/MP3 etc.
my email is rs4@blueyonder.co.uk
I prefer not to be on your mailing list because of the volume of mail on
it.
(I joined for a while last autumn.)
Best Wishes
Richard
I hope to be along to another meeting when the domestic situation
permits.