[Wolves] Debian 3

Ron Wellsted wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Apr 12 08:30:01 2003

OK, I have finally made the switch (after a brief skirmish with Mandrake 9.1)
so I am now running Debian 3.0 stable (I think I hear a cheer from Aq) on my
workstation (I will change the server later).

It went on fairly simply, and most things configured fairly easily (some
parts were easier thant RH) and I am getting the hang of apt-get.  The
biggest (nice) suprise is not having so much dead wood installed on the
system which means I have to find the relevant package to install.  This
caused a bit of fun with nis and kerberos, but was soon overcome.

So a couple of questions (see, I TOLD you I don't know everything!)

1/ How do I get KDE3?

2/ How do I get sound working? (VIA AC97 chip)

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk