[Wolves] Debian 3

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Apr 13 19:41:04 2003

Matt Wright spoo'd forth:

I don't think that they're in Debian kernel sources (in kernel-source-*
packages), and they're certainly not in stable. If you're using a
supplied kernel image (kernel-image-*) then just apt-get install the
equivalent alsa-modules-* package. If you're building your own kernel
then you'll need to install the alsa-source stuff as mentioned, and
then build a kernel (you know about make-kpkg, right? if not, install
kernel-package and read the docs, which live in
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package) with ALSA. Be warned: it wasn't easy
last time I did it, although that was a year ago. It *should* be easy,
though, so I suspec thtey might have fixed it :)

Regarding the other question, about where to get KDE3 for woody, the
previously quoted KDE3 on Debian FAQ is the way for this, but for the
generic "I want foo, it isn't in the official Debian archive, is it
anywhere as debs?", look at http://www.apt-get.org/.

Aq.

--
In 1988 there was the war, and after that there were no more roses. Not
for anybody.