[Wolves] Wireless and Linux

Matt Wright wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Apr 28 13:35:01 2003

Hey,

The prism2 card I've got it compatiable with Kismet so you can wardrive wit=
h=20
it. There's no airsnort for the zaurus so you can't crack WEP'ed WLAN's wit=
h=20
the zaurus but kismet will save its packet info in a way that airsnort will=
=20
use. Never tried it myself though. Prism2 cards are nicely supported on the=
=20
Z, I use OZ 3.2 on mine but I've tried it with the Sharp ROM. Plug in and=20
setup the Wireless LAN settings and it works.

I got the USB MA101 and a D-Link WCF-660W for =A390 excluding vat from=20
www.ebuyer.co.uk. The MA101 was ~30 and the WCF-660W was about ~60. THe=20
WCF-660W is closely related to the WCF-650 except the 660W does not block t=
he=20
stylus or headphones ports on the Z. If you need one I can supply a picture.

Matt