[Wolves] I'm back!

Steve wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 6 12:37:00 2003

06/08/2003 12:02:48, "Chris Owen" <chris.owen@wmro.org> wrote:

>So the subtext is 'nudge,
>wink, its OK really but don't shout about it in public'?

Chill out chris! He's completely seperated the LUG with any illegal activity whatsever, but expressed
an interest in the techniques used, not the ilegal application of them

> Can you imagine what a CEO of a major
>corporation or public organisation would conclude looking at this?

I'd imagine them to acertain the cost benefits of using Linux in their business - after all their there
to make a profit , not to moralise. Anyway after Enron they'd prbably be interested in illegal
activities ;-)

I've noticed we've already talked about sharing films and music on this LUG, smoking pot, taking acid,
and anarchy, so i don't think alex and his bit of naughtyness has lost anyone any major contracts just
yet

>Jono - if this is the Linux community, I'm wondering whether I want to
>be part of it.

It is one aspect of one part of the linux community, much like any community has different aspects and
flavours making it up.

The strength in linux is there's room for everyone - it is diverse and unique - something we should
celebrate i reckon.

I hope you stay about

steve