[Wolves] Non programmer needs some directions

Phillip Booth wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 8 22:12:59 2003

Hi, I got a USB pen works fine under window but not
under Linux SuSE.

To get it working I need to do this but I havt a clue
when it comes to Linux and code.

I hope some one can transalate this for me.

Much thanks. P:-)

[System Requirement]

1. kernel versions 2.2.7 and later contain the USB
code.

[Install EZ Drive step by step]

In Linux OS, you can follow the following instruction
to ¡§mount¡¨ the device

1. Execute cd /etc/sysconfig/ ( cat
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf | more )

2. Check the device information in hwconf, write down
the mount point.

3. Make a directory in /mnt (ex: mkdir /mnt/usbHD )

4. Then, execute mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbHD (if mount
point was .dev/sda)

[Unplug EZ Drive]

In Linux OS, please follow the "umount" command
procedure to un-mount the device.