[Wolves] I'm back!

wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sat Aug 9 14:55:01 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Chris Owen wrote:

> Jono,
>
> You're looked to, I guess, both on this list and in the wider Linux
> community, as a leader of opinion, and as a respected expert.  You're
> also a fine technical writer, as I know from reading your work.

ioctl(KISS_ASS, "/dev/jonobacon");

> However, and it pains me to say this, what you appear to be saying is
> 'don't advertise your illegal activity on here, but tell us about it at
> meetings, when we'll all be very interested'.  So the subtext is 'nudge,
> wink, its OK really but don't shout about it in public'?

Chris. Words fail me. I may kill you. No, wait - I may *not*
kill you..... Nudge Nudge, wink, wink.

> This from a community which wants to gain widespread public knowledge
> and acceptance of computer OS.

Shockingly enough, open source, gnu and linux are not kept
alive only within jono (thank god). ;-P

I'd love to get into your dirtly little secrets, Chris - i'd
love to find out all the little things you've done wrong. To
subvert this pompous attitude that everyone can see you have
and take a real look inside at what created it. Man you're
ugly. And I can't even remember what your face looks like.
Shame really. Then I could kill you. Errm... I mean not kill
you. You know what I mean. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

> I got interested in Linux primarily
> because I disliked Microsoft's business practices, and because I liked
> the idea of an open, free and communally created set of software.  I'm
> afraid that whilst Linux is associated with a community which tacitly
> acknowledges illegal activity, and attempts to justify it, then it will
> always remain marginal.  Can you imagine what a CEO of a major
> corporation or public organisation would conclude looking at this?

Most probably that they could learn a trick or too!!!!

Clearly you have no understanding of how the world works.
Nearly all people with money give no attention to anything
other than money. I reference back to the corporate tax
evasion quote earlier.

> Certainly not that Linux is something that he or she would willingly
> incorporate into their organisation!

I'm getting angry now. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

> Jono - if this is the Linux community, I'm wondering whether I want to
> be part of it.

I'm wondering whether you should be a part of it! I think
things like this would be better served by making sure your
children are better educated that you and waiting for you to
die of old age.

> And certainly I'm considering my continued membership of
> this list.  That said with considerable regret, and not an
> inconsiderable degree of soul searching overnight.

You have a soul?

> Chris

JUST AS A DISCLAIMER: AT NO POINT TO I INTEND DOING ANYTHING
ILLEGAL. I WOULD NOT WANT ANYONE TO TAKE ANY OF MY COMMENTS
SERIOUSLY. ANYONE WHO, HAVING READ THIS BELIEVES THAT I HAVE
OR INTEND TO THREATEN ANYONE WITH ANY ACTION HAS
MISUNDERSTOOD MY MEANING. MOST COMMENTS ARE OF A RHETICAL OR
COMEDIC NATURE AND ARE INDENDED ONLY TO INSPIRE THOUGHT INTO
THE ISSUES AT HAND.

That wouldn't have been necessary if you weren't so uptight.