[Wolves] Preloaded Linux boxen

Aquarius wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 00:18:01 2003

As I mentioned in an earlier mail, I've converted a friend to Linux.
He's in the market for a new machine (his current one predates the
Industrial Revolution) and would like to run Linux. I'd like to suggest
purchasing it from a vendor who will pre-install a Linux distribution
(rather than trying to get a machine without OS, or paying the Windows
tax), but I don't know any. Can anyone recommend a reputable vendor? I
don't want to suggest a built-from-components one because then I have
to build it and do all the tech support, and frankly I'd rather poke
out my own eyeball than troubleshoot hardware problems over a phone
line. Help!

Aq.

--
If cryptography is outlawed, only outlaws wifo4(F9%!98f3((hg$;'da"d;f+