[Wolves] I'm back!

wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 16:23:00 2003

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, Steve Crozier wrote:

> bambam
>
> i'm sure you're safe, but i think your tone is a little aggressive and arsey
> towards chris. it appears that you have demolished his arguments but strayed
> over into personal abuse and i don't think thats necessary.

I quite agree. Maybe in about 10 years I would have had the
wisdom required not to post that abusive mail - for which I
can only apologise.

You're quite right steve, I shouldn't have crossed over into
personal abuse territory.

I'm sorry chris.

> i think your last post kind of expressed that but thought i'd post and say if
> i were chris i'd be feeling a little get at, and would appreciate a non
> hostile post :-)

Quite right.

I hope there can be no bad feelings between us - if it helps
then I can tell you I wasn't having a very good day
(although not as bad as Aq's at the last meeting(!)) and so
it shouldn't have really been directed at you.

It's an important role that open source, GNU, Linux and LUGs
fulfill in society and one that I see as growing and growing
in importance. Let's not help to destroy it with in-house
personal abuse.

However, it is also important that we do not shy away from
either the issues, or debating them - just because of me
getting personal.