[Wolves] I'm back!

Steve Crozier wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 11 18:31:00 2003

On Monday 11 Aug 2003 1:00 pm, Jon Farmer wrote:

> No justice system is perfect but I would rather do things democratically

problem is our democratically elected representatives are happy to use
facilities like the Export Credit Guarantee Procedure  to help deals like Bae
in Indonesia. Using *taxpayers* money too.

As their manifesto said some gubbins about not selling arms to countries with
questionable human rights records, they are not doing what they
deomcratically were elected to do. Hence direct action being used. I find it
absurd the idea that these women didn't think about going through the courts
or doing legal methods first.It doesn't work because our legal system is
balanced towards to rights of a corporation , regardless of its activites.

Also don't forget hovering above our own legal system, the WTO is there to
enforce rules that would effectively lead to countries being sued if they
take action against companies that harm the environment for example.

read greg palast 'the best democracy money can buy' for many reasons why
people take direct action rather than rely on our democratically elected
representatives to change the law to reflect our concerns

ste