[Wolves] Need some help!

Helen Randle wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 12 19:30:04 2003

> Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:34:17 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Jono Bacon <jonobacon@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Wolves] Need some help!
> To: wolves@mailman.lug.org.uk
>
> Hi Helen,
Hi

> First of all, welcome to the LUG!! I am sure you will
> find everyone helpfull and friendly, and let us know
> if you have any problems.
Everyone's been very friendly and helpful so far

>Before I continue though, I
> fully recommend coming to a LUG meeting - meetings are
> much more fun that mailing lists, and infinitly more
> helpfull as you can ask people there all the questions
> you need to.
Ok. I'll try.

> Anyway, as for which Linux to use, I recommend
> something such as Mandrake or Red Hat if you are
> started out, with Mandrake as the number one choice.
> We have a few Mandrake users on this list, and many of
> us used to use it.
Sounds like Mandrake's a good choice then.

>As for boxed sets, they are indeed
> usefull, but it may be wiser to spend the money on a
> good book - it depends how much documentation you get
> in the boxed set - Mandrake is pretty decent if I
> remember. You can also buy cheap CD's from the Linux
> Emporium (www.linux-emporium.co.uk) if you don't want
> to but the boxed set.
I tried looking for Linux books in Wolverhampton Library, as I thought
it would be a good starting point, but they were all out!
So do Linux Emporium only sell the CDs then?

> We next have a meeting on Wed 20th August at the Moon
> Under Water, Lichfield Street in Wolves. I think we
> are aiming to get everyone on this list to this meet
> if possible, although we usually clock at least 15
> people at a meet with our record of 21 I think.
I think I'm free that night.

> Let us know how you get on. :)
I will. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions!!

Helen