[Wolves] Dyne:bolic

Steve wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Aug 19 13:20:00 2003

19/08/2003 12:21:23, Jono Bacon <jonobacon@yahoo.com> wrote:

>It is good, but the video editing in Linux is not very
>good to be honest.

I've been seriously looking into this lately. Firewire works and theres a very simple editor called Kino that is good for DV capture.

There are some promising apps, but
>there is no decent non-linear (premier clone) tool at
>the moment.

cinelerra is a bit flaky - and the interface is complicated  - but it works. There may not be millions of effects, but it is a nonlinear editor that you can do video editing on. It requires a
different approach to usual - it is very picky about the sorts of video formats you can edit, but there are tools to convert video to the appropriate format.

I've posted this link before but it worths seeing again:

http://www.robfisher.net/video/index.html

great tutorial for dv editing on linux

ste