[Wolves] Warning: E-mail viruses detected

Adam Sweet wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 11:00:00 2003

 --- Jono Bacon <jonobacon@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi,

> What is this? I have had 44 messages that have been
> caught by the spam filter weith 100k asttachments -
> how can I stop this?

Can only assume it's another email borne
virus/trojan/worm thingy. There a spate viruses coming
through Yahoo via the MS Address Book a while back but
they were caught. Maybe someone who owns the domain
has an open relay or something or has had their mail
server compromised in some way. Not my speciality
really, but whoever owns that domain should look at
their systems unless it has been spoofed.

Insert advice here by Aq, Ron, Fizz, James, Bam Bam
etc. Apologies for experts missed out ;)

Ad

=====
http://www.drinky.org.uk

Use Linux. Because it's better.