[Wolves] Warning: E-mail viruses detected

Jono Bacon wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 11:18:00 2003

Hi,

Is there anyway the person who triggered the virus can
stop it? Anyone on this list know if they triggered
it? I assume they are running in Windows usually. ;)

Lee? ;) Bet you wish you fixed your dual boot now. :)

I need to figure out a way of stopping it because I
cant take all of this email.

  Jono

--- Adam Sweet <drinky76@yahoo.com> wrote:
>  --- Adam Sweet <drinky76@yahoo.com> wrote: >  ---
> > Can only assume it's another email borne
> > virus/trojan/worm thingy. There a spate viruses
> > coming
> > through Yahoo via the MS Address Book a while back
> > but
> > they were caught.
>
> Having just read the Register article suggested by
> Steve, reminded me that the one I was on about was
> Klez. I got hundreds of those from people I knew
> though they were all caught by an upstream mail
> server.
>
> Advice: Use Unix ;)
>
> Ad
>
> =====
> http://www.drinky.org.uk

> Use Linux. Because it's better.

=====
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Professional Writer / Web Developer / Musician