[Wolves] PDAs

Old Dan wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Aug 29 16:27:00 2003

Lee Parkes wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 04:45:01PM +0100, Old Dan wrote:
>>Serial is even better - the Zaurus has a built-in serial port.
> Excellent :) It saves lugging a laptop around (the company I work for gave me
> an old laptop which is heavy..)
The added bonus of course is the other cool stuff you can do with it...
  Imagine the delights of playing Boulderdash or Impossible Mission
whilst on the bus...  :)

Or maybe that's just me.  Yes, that is just me, isn't it.  I'll get me
coat.  :)

>>To use it, though, you have to have the cable and comment out pppd in
>>/etc/inittab.
> Ok, np.
>
>>Last thing I knew the SL-5500 was going for about £180 or so.  Whether
>>you can get one now or not, though, is debatable since Sharp has stopped
>>making the 5500.
> I thought that was the latest one? Have they discontinued it completely?
> Hmm..
No - the latest(AFAIK) is the 5600, which isn't available here yet.  It
may never be from what I hear... A quick search at their UK site
returned a 'Sorry, no products could be found containing the word or
phrase 'zaurus'.' message...  :(

--
Dan