[Wolves] next meeting

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Thu Dec 4 19:25:18 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 17:33, Aquarius wrote:
> sparkes spoo'd forth:
> > The idea of replacing the Lugmaster with a small shell script is
> > appealing but I just can't be arsed to give it 2 mins.  But the lug will
> > argue on what scripting language to use and eventully end up with a
> > python interface to a perl script to the mysql bindings (written in C)
> > that have been modified to return funny error messages.  This will of
> > course be written over 10 mins spread over 3 years with more actual time
> > spent arguing with Peter about if lug apaphy will take over than actual
> > coding.
>
> import whrandom
> sayings = ['I play in a band, you know',
>            'I laughed so much a small drop of wee came out',
> 	   'Can I write an article for you?',
> 	   'Yes, I like Linux, even though I don\'t use it',
> 	   'Would you like some hot Bacon in you, love?',
> 	   'What colour should I dye my beard this week?',
> 	   'Did you see our last gig?']
> while 1:
>   saidToMe = raw_input()
>   print whrandom.choice(sayings)
>   # Note that which saying is chosen does *not* depend on what
>   # was saidToMe

excellent work dispelling the myth that we do bugger all.

What we really need is a complete lugmaster replacement, can it be on
first name terms with the curry house staff?  will it have *really*
scary jokes? can it sip coke in a comedy manner?

how random is the whrandom lib? is it random enough to ensure we meander
meaninglessly until the code word 'dirty sanchez' is uttered?

I understand that new phrases can be added at any time but there is a
disturbing lack of real filth we have come to require in a lugmaster.
How can any lug last more than a matter of weeks without a joke about
turds that lasts a fortnight, isn't very funny anyway, but 'floats' the
conversation. ;-)

we need a road map for the progression of the lug master program before
we go public with a beta version.
  1) add 'wacken' phrases
  2) add 'dirty sanchez' keyword
  3) add script to update website
  4) get the beard colour to accessible levels (at the moment we are
having complaints from the colour blind that they can't see the beard
and have some trouble distinushing bot from botmaster) ;-)
  5) add extra botmaster jokes to database
  6) <a title="Rimming Peter Oliver" id="Rimming Peter Oliver"
href="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=rimming+Peter+Oliver&btnG=Google+Search">rimming Peter Oliver</a> (for no better reason than we can)

As long as we don't stray too far from the road map I see a fully
functioning Python lugmaster being available so all lugs can replace
aging wetware models no later that tuesday ;-)

sparkes

PS - I tried to code a quick replacement in DOS but couldn't find a
memory model able to hold the ego thank god that we don't have the same
problems in linux.

PPS - reporter has just said 'f**k it' live on SKY News ;-) see Dan I
told you there was a reason for watching it ;-)