[Wolves] sematic web checkers

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Mon Dec 8 05:19:28 GMT 2003

sparkes spoo'd forth:
> (IMHO) but does anyone know of a source of online semantic checking?
>
> I am not looking for something to suggest RDF for the page cos that
> would be going a little too far, just something that says, yes this
> looks like a readable document to me.
>
> you know check that my paragraphs and headings make sense to a machine
> ;-)

Um.

I am pretty much unconvinced that you can't have a machine tell whether
your page is *properly* marked up. You can tell whether it's valid, but
it can't know whether the stuff in the <h1> tag is *actually* the best
header without being able to read and understand the text. Which is,
er, a Non-Trivial Problem...

Aq.

--
If God didn't want us to eat meat, then he wouldn't have invented the
hamburger, would he? Logic.