[Wolves] sematic web checkers

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Dec 8 08:35:05 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 05:15, Aquarius wrote:
> sparkes spoo'd forth:
> > (IMHO) but does anyone know of a source of online semantic checking?
> >
> > I am not looking for something to suggest RDF for the page cos that
> > would be going a little too far, just something that says, yes this
> > looks like a readable document to me.
> >
> > you know check that my paragraphs and headings make sense to a machine
> > ;-)
>
> Um.
>
> I am pretty much unconvinced that you can't have a machine tell whether
> your page is *properly* marked up. You can tell whether it's valid, but
> it can't know whether the stuff in the <h1> tag is *actually* the best
> header without being able to read and understand the text. Which is,
> er, a Non-Trivial Problem...
>
> Aq.

yeah, that's what I thought.  It thought perhaps some researcher had
created a parser that says this is what I think is the most important
heading, this is the content associated with it.  Perhaps in a tree
view? then the developer could look at the feedback and say 'yes, this
is what I wanted' or 'bugger it!, I'm giving up and using frontpage' ;-)

sparkes