Travel from bloxwich to wolves (was Re: [Wolves] XDMCP bandwidth)

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Dec 8 19:13:06 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 18:16, Jono Bacon wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> > p.p.s Suggestions for how to get from Bloxwich to
> > Wolverhampton (LUG meet)
> > are welcome....currently favouring bus to walsall
> > andtrain to
> > wolverhampton....
>
> You may be able to bus it from bloxwich to wolves. I
> am not sure, but I know that a bus stops fairly close
> to the standard (where we meet). I am sure someone
> will have some advice.
There should be a bus from bloxwich down the litchfield road through
Wednesfield.  not sure of the number but this is a more direct route.
The magic words to look for are via Wednesfield or via New Cross
hospital cos this means you are going the most direct route.

If you choose to bus it to Walsall first the 529 bus should be quicker
than the train.  I don't think there are *that many* trains to wolves
but the bus runs every 10 mins and takes about 1/2 hour, 45 mins?

please bare in mind that I can't remember going to walsall on the bus
for about 10 years but the 529 is the direct bus and I regualarly sit
next to it in traffic jams at this end ;-)  I have not so fond memories
of going the Walsall college on that bus for 12 months more than 10
years ago.  Of peak it ran like clockwork but peak time it was a bitch.

hope this helps

sparkes