[Wolves] Anyone here ever used/looked into dxpc?

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Tue Dec 9 16:55:09 GMT 2003

Aquarius wrote:
> Old Dan spoo'd forth:
>
>>Is it worth my while wrestling with cygwin enough to get this thing
>>installed?  It /looks/ well worth it, but cygwin is being a /pain/ at
>>the moment, refusing to do anything, basically.  I can try out the
>>package by installing the .deb at home of course, but seeing as there
>>are only two machines I would want to connect to the client there, there
>>probably wouldn't be too much difference...
>
> Just in case I'm thick: surely all you need is the win32 binaries and
> cygwin.dll v20.1beta in the same directory and that's it? See
> http://www.vigor.nu/dxpc/dxpc-3.7.0win32.html for more -- you'd only
> need lots of cygwin if you wanted to compile it?

Well, Cygwin is up to - er - 1.5.5-1. According to the website B20.1
dates back to 1998.

Seeing as I want to run Cygwin xfree86 with this(you can download the
dll but not xfree86 from the link you posted) I do really think I need
the current version of cygwin.  That means I need to compile.

I suppose I could run the (current) X server I have now and keep the
outdated dll and dxpc completely seperate, but something tells me
really, really not to like that idea.

--
Dan