[Wolves] tv card

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 07:13:00 GMT 2003

OK

The card is in the lowest pci slot possible. I installed it into that
one from the outset.
The graphics card which is in the agp slot has a curious fan
arrangement. The original fan that came with the card soon
went pear shaped and started sounding like there was a bag of broken
marbles in it. The noise was so bad that in the end the pc was unusable
so i ripped the fan off and swapped it for an old k6-2 cpu fan which is
(shudder) held in place by one screw and is helf flush to the grfx card
with a small plastic tub which is the perfect size etc (it's too big to
be held in place properly) and is running off a spare drive power line.
This fan is only a couple of inches above the tv card.
If this rings alrm bells, let me know. (rofl)

Most recent drivers..OUCH 55mb on a dial up modem. Will do that tonight
mebbe.

in the meantime i will try with the grfx card removed and go back to the
built in one

nux