[Wolves] tv card

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 09:31:27 GMT 2003

Hi David

Right, have a go with the built-in graphics. If you let me know where to get the drivers from I'll download them for you and send them on a disc to your home address.

Were the BBC channels the only ones you can't get?? Do you get all the channels ok on your normal TV?
What is your PC spec?

Thanks for the offer of the Linux Cd's etc. My PC is a bit on the slow side and beginning to show signs of old age. Its funny, I have built or upgraded numerous PCs for friends relatives and clients, but mine is still chugging at 333 MHz, with the motherboard beginning to do things unnatural like whistling!! I want to add a DVD, and a TV card (!) but my base doesn't have enough bays. So therefore I said to the family I don't want socks and shower gel this Xmas. You see I am not a twenty year old, in fact you can double it easily, so people think that I should have jumpers and socks!!!

Mo

david <nux at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
OK

The card is in the lowest pci slot possible. I installed it into that
one from the outset.
The graphics card which is in the agp slot has a curious fan
arrangement. The original fan that came with the card soon
went pear shaped and started sounding like there was a bag of broken
marbles in it. The noise was so bad that in the end the pc was unusable
so i ripped the fan off and swapped it for an old k6-2 cpu fan which is
(shudder) held in place by one screw and is helf flush to the grfx card
with a small plastic tub which is the perfect size etc (it's too big to
be held in place properly) and is running off a spare drive power line.
This fan is only a couple of inches above the tv card.
If this rings alrm bells, let me know. (rofl)

Most recent drivers..OUCH 55mb on a dial up modem. Will do that tonight
mebbe.

in the meantime i will try with the grfx card removed and go back to the
built in one

nux