[Wolves] [For sale / Free] Hardware

David Goodwin david at openminds.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 09:46:34 GMT 2003

Right, as mentioned in the last meeting I happen to have an alpha server
with terminal and a pc which need (good?) homes.

AlphaServer 266dx4 -
266mhz 64 bit cpu. 64mb ram. 1gb scsi disk, cdrom, 10mb network card and
graphics card etc. Has a "proper" SRM bios.

I also have a green screen vt320 terminal + keyboard which can hook up
to the alpha, which will come bundled in.

The alpha Runs Debian woody without a problem.. I think I've also
compiled a custom kernel on it etc.

AMD K6-2 500mhz PC  -
~500mb ram, 6gb disk, network card (??), graphics
card (??) Can't quite remember what i left in it now. Might have cdrom,
might not. Has been used as my fileserver for the last 3-4 years and is
very reliable. Retirement due to us upgrading all our hardware and old
desktops moving to the server realm.

Also on offer : Iomega 250mb zip drive. Has slightly dodgy power
connection in the back. I probably have a few zip disks lying around
somewhere too.

I'd like some sort of payment for the above, whether it's a few notes or
a free meal for Kat & I tomorrow... but on the other hand I really ought
to get rid of stuff I'm not going to use and let someone else make use
of it.

If anyone is interested can you let me know, so I can bring it along in
the car for the xmas meet (or when ever)

David
--
Technical Consultant
Open Minds High Availability Solutions
e : david.goodwin at openminds.co.uk
t : +44 (0)121 313 3947 f : +44 (0)121 313 3944