[Wolves] [For sale / Free] Hardware

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue Dec 16 10:29:59 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 10:27, David Goodwin wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 10:10, sparkes wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 09:56, David Goodwin wrote:
> >
> > > AlphaServer 266dx4 -
> > > 266mhz 64 bit cpu. 64mb ram. 1gb scsi disk, cdrom, 10mb network card and
> > > graphics card etc. Has a "proper" SRM bios.
> >
> > normally I would be right up for having a play with the alpha cos it was
> > on my wish list a few years ago, but as a I have no money what so ever I
> > will leave it for someone else to nab.
>
> I'm quite happy to give the alpha away for free ;)

If the alpha is free then I will give it a good home, it can have all
those noisy heat generating 1 gig scsi harddrives that I am sure have
something important on them ;-)

> I wanted it thinking I could put it to a good use, and learn something
> from it, but then reality struck - I could find no use for it and after
> a few days playing it was configured and working fine .. yet had nothing
> to do.
It's another platform for breaking stuff on.  Plus adding alpha hardware
to my CV might help a little ;-)

and I can always find a use for another debian box on the network.

> David

cheers

sparkes