[Wolves] First email from Linux!!!

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Wed Dec 17 10:13:03 GMT 2003

David Goodwin spoo'd forth:

>> I don't know about Thunderbird, I use mutt. :)
>
> Yeah... I used to when using uw-imap at home, but I moved over to cyrus
> (maildir support) a few months ago, and haven't been able to train mutt
> to check the right directories for new mail... so I've been using
> squirrelmail (web interface) recently.

Erk. I use mutt because I read mail from both work (by ssh) and home,
so graphical clients are out -- I'd be happy to use a graphical client
at home and mutt by ssh, but I cannot find a graphical client which
will co-operate properly with mutt without using imap, and imap eats a
dead dog so I'm not using it :)

I fear webmail security, plus, webmail clients are all lame. I can
imagine a decent DHTML client that works like a real graphical app, but
I haven't got time to write it (and I can't affod to bugtest it on my
mail!) and no other one exists (except maybe OddPost, but that's
IE-only and you can't get a copy to run yourself, it's a central
service).

Aq.

Aq.

--