[Wolves] Fedora?

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Wed Dec 17 14:22:19 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 14:14, Matthew Revell wrote:
> David Goodwin said:
>
> > good configuration tools will
> > help drive the adoption of Linux (unfortunately most admins appear to be
> > windows types and aren't too keen on text files).
>
> I agree that it's unfortunate that many people are stuck on Windows,
> particularly when those people are in a position to influence the system
> used in a company. However, I don't think an alternative to text based
> config is a bad thing - imagine configuring your video recorder by text
> file. Okay, I'm waiting for someone to tell me that they have set up a
> Linux based PVR but that's not the point! :)
What do you mean? that would be excellent.  I would love to vi
/etc/video/recordtimes combined with /etc/teeth/brush.conf, /etc/bog/2,
/etc/bog/1, /etc/pleasure/so.conf and /etc/microwave ;-) we could hack
our microwaves to improve ping times ;-)

I hate those shitty interfaces that consumer apps have, when will they
learn that I want an on button, and off button and I want it understand
my preferences from then on in.

sparkes